Friday, January 14, 2011

Book Review: Princess Academy

There is something inherently noble in each of us, and that nobility enables us to do hard things. I read Princess Academy for the first time when I was a senior in high school. Senior year was so hard! I had to keep up with all of my many classes (Calculus and Physics among them!), apply to colleges, find a summer job, run the high school Key Club, edit and print the high school newspaper, etc, etc, etc. In short, I was busy and I was stressed. More than once, I wanted to give up. But I kept thinking about this book. Miri, who has been placed in a hard schooling situation against her will, wants to give up, too. But she doesn't. She decides that she will do it and do it well.

I wanted to do it and do it well. So I didn't give up that year. I got accepted to college and left for the great academic adventure, but school never got any easier. Every fall, after the long and luxurious summer vacation, I returned to Princess Academy. I had to remind myself that I can do hard things. I had to regenerate faith in myself. Because I am a daughter of God, and I was born to overcome.

Check it out!


1 comment:

  1. You were born to be awesome. And you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete