Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Let There Be Light!

Hi there! I was inspired by Elder Quentin L. Cook's recent conference talk to share the good things that I see in the world. He said that "in our increasingly unrighteous world, it is essential that values based on religious beliefs be part of the public discourse." My goal is to share my values here daily. I value beautiful things that make me feel happy and sometimes even make me laugh, things that remind me of heaven. I hope you can enjoy the things that I enjoy, and I hope you share with me the things that you enjoy!

I have a theme for each day. There will be Silly Socks, Lampposts, music and lyrics, poetry, book reviews, awesome allegories, and anything else I feel like sharing. Tuesdays will be music days. I have searched high and low, far and wide, for the right song to kick off music days. I finally chose the song that begins the new Narnia film, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's a very short song, but it is so pretty that I can't not share it. And I feel like it provides perfect background music to the grand opening of this blog. With no further adieu, here is Narnia!

1 comment:

  1. And there was light!

    Thanks for sharing your light! I happened upon your blog quite by chance (though, in truth, I don't believe in chance; rather, God led me here). After reading several of your posts, seeing many of your photos posted, and listening to the music you have shared, I have been greatly uplifted. You have brightened my day and brought joy into my soul.

    I noticed that you haven't posted anything since 2011 - I hope everything is well with you. And I hope you'll continue blogging.

    Thanks again for sharing your light and helping to bring happiness into my life today!

    Erin Branch

    ReplyDelete